WHAT IS A WEB DESIGNER?
The Web Designer is the artist that prepares the web content. This part is, mainly, connected to the style and appearance of the content pages, including images and text. The web designers use plenty of technologies, but they rely mainly on hypertext and hypermedia resources, including HTML, CSS and other web design tools.
FEW CHARACTERISTICS OF THE WEB DESIGNER:
- They are often competent in various superior programming languages used to craft web scripts.
- Many web designers focus on making good websites that will work well on any device and browser.
WHAT IS A WEB DEVELOPER?
The Web Developer is a programmer that creates software and applications for the World Wide Web. The web developer knows how to build a website from scratch.
He can create a unique, customized code that will fit the unique needs of every customer. He can develop any type of code, from website’s appearance to website’s functions.
Web Development is divided in 3 parts:
- Client scripting (Front-end) represents the code that is executed in the web browsers and which determines what will users see when they access the website.
- Server-side scripting (Back-end) is the code executed on a web server which represents the backbone that helps a site function properly.
- Database technology is the organized information so that certain computer software can easily select fragments of data when needed.
Few examples of Front-end (client-side) technologies and software:
Few examples of Back-end (server-side) technologies and software:
THE WEB DESIGNER AND THE WEB DEVELOPER
Generally speaking, the web designer focuses on the website’s appearance and the feelings you get when seeing it, as the web developer focuses on the technical part and the good functionality of the website.
MYTH: WEB DESIGNERS DON’T WRITE CODE…
For example, if the need/ want a smooth scrolling website, some designers (also known as Unicorns) will write their own code in order to get the results they want.
TWO JOBS, ONE TARGET
At the end of the day, both web designer and web developer work in the same purpose – to craft a website or an application to impress and attract as many users as possible